Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Tuesday Tunes: The Strypes

This week BBC 6 Music are hosting '6 Music Live at Maida Vale' to present live sessions from established and emerging talent in the music scene.

I listened to some of the sessions on Sunday, and the one that caught my ears was from The Strypes. I had never heard of this new band until then, and I was very impressed. The average age of the band is 15, and hearing them you would think they have been going for at least 5 years and on their 3rd album.

Look how young they look!
I'll admit their sound isn't completely original, they distinctly have the feel of The Beatles or The Rolling Stones. But this doesn't matter after knowing how fresh they are into the music industry at such a young age and of course still in education at school, it is very impressive how strong these boys talents are.

I am sure they are going to explode this year, look out for them. Listen to their session again, here!

Another session I loved was a collaboration from Roots Manuva and The Invisible. Both aposing genres fused together was fantastic, I always love the vocals from lead singer, Dave Okumu. It works so well behind the tones of The Invisible. I will have to listen to the session again! Which you can do here!

Another session I need to catch up and listen again to is from Everything Everything, their latest album 'Arc' is just so good. The band is so unique!

Have you been listening to Maida Vale sessions, what have your thoughts been so far?

MH x

No comments: