Monday, 28 January 2013

One busy weekend!

This weekend Fenixx had a job which helped to fit us further into the serious company bracket. We were asked to be camera crew to film the pilot for the new online videos for Club NME at Koko in Camden.

The job was a lot of fun, me and Connell were in our element running around the venue with our cameras in hand thanks to the access all area passes. We filmed some interviews with performing bands, thanks to Silas from Kid Champion for taking on the role of interviewee. The bands performing were Sons and Lovers and China Rats, both unsigned bands, and both very good. I am sure things are looking promising for them in 2013.

A nice ariel shot i got of Sons and Lovers
After the shoot me and Connell were very happy with our work, looking over the rushes (unedited footage) on the laptop it all looked amazing. We believe this is going to be our best job to date. I can't wait to show you the final cut.

This all happened on the Friday night and Saturday followed with a really nice chilled day in South Kensington with Lauren. We went to look around the V&A, which I have never been to before. There was some excellent exhibitions on. My favourite was the 'Halfway to Paradise: Photographs by Harry Hammond' exhibition. A selection of photographs from the 50s and 60s depicting the music scene. I love that era of music, and Harry Hammond had captured it so well. Using his camera to capture the perfect behind the scenes moments from the music icons.

My arty shot at the V&A
Saturday evening me and Lauren went to Carluccios for our first time, and that was bloody amazing. I love a good authentic Italian restaurant, and this one certainly fits the criteria. I had the venison tortellini, and it was delicious.

Sunday carried on the chain of chilledness in the flat, cooking up a nice fry and kicking back with the next instalment of the Harry Potter saga which we are currently working through.

Followed by me going to Jam Tree again to film another night for Joke Pit. Which was another great evening of comedy. However, I will say the host was the worst of the bunch, his comedy resulting to reading jokes from Twitter...not sure if that is your own material mate.

How was your weekend?

MH x



No comments: