Monday, 7 January 2013

My first weekend of 2013

My weekend started off with watching some classic children's TV thanks to CITV. They were having an 'Old Skool Weekend' to celebrate their 30th birthday. The show I was most excited to watch was Art Attack, I was a huge fan when I was a kid. I admit to making 'Big Art Attacks' in my bedroom, Neil Buchanan is a legend in my book.



Of course I was always happy to watch Fun House with the great presenting from Pat Sharp and his ridiculous mullet. I am sure it was every kids dream (including mine) to go on that show, and tackle the fun house at the end of the show.

Sunday panned out the same. although this time with Lauren as some lovely company. We woke up to some more nostalgia of the 'Old Skool Weekend' waking up early, to specifically watch Mike and Angelo. Followed by more classics such as another episode of Fun House, Butter Moon and Rosie and Jim. It was fantastic to see all these classic kid shows on the TV again, bringing back so many great childhood memories. For me it was more about school, as I always remember racing home from school to sit down infront the TV and catch up on my favourite shows. 

As it was a Sunday, we didn't officially start the day until mid-afternoon. We decided on having a baking session, and made some great cupcakes from the Humming Bird recipe book which I got for Lauren as a Christmas present. If you look at her blog, you will see her post about it all.


Also, I did some filming around it, and that video will be on my YouTube channel in about 2 weeks time.

AND THEN... in the evening we looked around for about 2 hours to finally book our week holiday to Ibiza in May! We are both very excited!

How was your first official weekend of 2013?

MH x 



1 comment:

Lauren said...

Thank you for my lovely present! xo