Thursday, 3 January 2013

I Love Burgers!

Before I went out on the lash (got drunk) for New Years Eve with Lauren, we had our last meal of 2012 together. We decided to make it count, and went for homemade burgers and homemade chips. We have made these before together in the past, and I have to say this was our best batch yet. However, still not perfect!

They still don't have that proper burger taste...if you get what I mean.

Here was my recipe (made up as I went along)
* Ground Beef (A decent choice, not the cheap stuff...)
* Diced Onion
* Black Pepper
* Salt
* Coriander
* Crushed Garlic
* Beaten Egg
* Finely chopped chorizo (had some left over, added it on the off choice for a different taste)

Savana Dry cider was nice with the burger


After looking around the internet I have come to the conclusion I need to add Worcester Sauce, a lot of recipes had this on the list, and unfortunately on the night me and Lauren couldn't find any in Morrison's. Furthermore I think we need to be a bit more harder with the ingredients to give the burgers a real flavour. I think I'm too worried about the burger being too peppery, or salty.

If you have any tips for me, then please comment below!

And finally, check out this bloody AMAZING burger blog, that Lauren found yesterday, 'Burger Me'


The website address speaks for itself, so I wont go into too much detail. In a nut shell the blog contains cracking examples of restaurants with great burgers in and around London. If you are a burger fanatic like me and Lauren, then I suggest you check it out!

MH x

1 comment:

Lauren said...

<3<3 burgers are good for me! xo