Tuesday, 13 November 2012

Tuesday Tunes: MTV EMA's 2012


So the MTV EMA Awards happened on Sunday, and here is a run down of who won what in each category.

Best Female - Taylor Swift
Best Male - Justin Bieber
Best New - Act One Direction
Best Song - "Call Me Maybe," Carly Rae Jepsen
Best World - Stage Justin Bieber
Best Video - "Gangnam Style," PSY
Best Rock - Linkin Park
Best Pop - Justin Bieber
Best Look - Taylor Swift
Best Alternative - Lana Del Rey
Best Hip Hop - Nicki Minaj
Best Live - Taylor Swift
Biggest Fans - One Direction
Best PUSH - Carly Rae Jepsen
Global Icon - Whitney Houston

After seeing this list the first response I can only come up with is to fall around on the floor with fits of laughter. I cannot believe the state of these winners, how can they really class them as being the best in these categories.  Furthermore I thought EMA was an abbreviation for European Music Awards, now tell me if I am wrong, but I can see two people in this list that are genuinely European.
But I guess no one with real taste and opinion in music really cares what happens with the EMA's they're not exactly a credible award, like a Grammy or the Mercury Prize.

It has disgust me for at least 5 years + now at how bad the mainstream music scene has become, everything is so manufacture and so repetitive. Don't get me started on the X Factor!

What are your thoughts on the winners of this award ceremony?

MH x 

No comments: