Thursday, 22 November 2012

Thursday Tunes: That song, from that advert

Every now and again an advert catches my eye, which I really enjoy the concept, and 9 times out of 10 the track also grabs my attention and becomes my new favourite song.

This has happened to me with the latest advert from Southern Comfort. The concept involves a man walking through a beach in his tight Y-Fronts with his belly out to the all seeing, carrying a cold glass of Southern Comfort expressing that he doesn't have a care in the world, and is loving the moment and is comfortable.

Click to watch the advert.

The advert is fantastic, and really depicts the laid back attitude someone can have in the sun with a good drink in hand....and the accompanying track is 'Hit or Miss' by Odetta, of course I have never heard of Odetta, but this song is fantastic, and haven't stopped listening to it since I discovered the track. So thank you Southern Comfort for introducing me to Odetta!

Here is the full song if you wanted to find it out yourself (and don't know how to go about with the wonderful powers of the internet).


Do you like the song or the advert OR both?

MH x 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! Great song and an even better advert! Simplicity at it's best!