Thursday, 27 September 2012

Looks like River Island are stepping up their game!

Like every other man out there I have never been a fan of the retail store, River Island, their clothes always look so odd. You can never fail to look through the store and stumble across a jumper, t-shirt or a pair of trousers which include a zip, hole or glitter design. Which to every human being does not look good!

Until the other day, when I entered their store on Oxford Street and looked around to see their clothes have quite drastically improved, so much so that I really wanted this coat...which I later purchased on ASOS.com.


Another example I have noticed River Island are sorting out their range and image, was when I watched their incredible fashion video for this years London Fashion Week, which was featured on the well established Promo News. If you are not interested in video work, I still urge you to watch this video, or at least skip through to appreciate what this director (Ryan Hope) has achieved.

The whole video is shot on one camera, continuously without a single cut...and it works so well. This is a real pleasure to watch, and gives River Island a good image to show their are looking into the market and making their brand appeal to more. Plus I'm a fan of clever video work, and this ticks all the boxes for me, I am a huge fan of the continuos filming.



Of course they are still far from getting into the league of Topman, American Apparel or Uni Qlo. But they are getting closer.

MH x

No comments: