Wednesday, 22 August 2012

Weekend in Paris

Monday evening I arrived back into the UK from my weekend away in Paris with Lauren! As I mentioned in Friday's post we had free tickets to visit Disneyland on the Saturday. Visiting the park together was great fun, we went on all the classic rides (Space Mountain, It's A Small World, Areosmith's 'Rockin' Rollercoaster'). My personal favourite would have to be Big Thunder Mountain. Every time I have been to Disneyland the ride had been closed for maintenance, luckily this year it was open. I was so happy to have finally had a turn on the ride, as it was bloody amazing. It was our last ride of the day, which had a total queueing time of around 90 minutes (I know...ouch!), but this was totally worth it. Plus due to the parks late opening times, we were on the coaster in total darkness, adding a little extra fun. As you can see by the photo below, I was totally loving it.

Lauren says I look like a cartoon character.
We couldn't have been luckier with the weather for Saturday in the park, the whole day we were there not a single cloud appeared in the sky. But of course this meant the heat was off the scale for the visitors, resulting in seeing a majority of the parents throwing water over their children to call them down. Some how I survived the whole day without getting sunburnt....a true miracle. 

The rest of our weekend was spent in Paris taking in all the sites, and simply relaxing and enjoying our time away together. Another first for me was to take a trip to the top of the Eiffel Tower, I was shocked at how cheap this was, so it had to be done...and the view was incredible!


Alongside the touristy stuff (Mona Lisa, Arch De Triumph etc) we included some trips to things you may not have heard of. The best one for me was visiting the bridge, Pont Des Arts. The bridge is covered in padlocks that couples engrave with their names and throw away the keys into the river below. The bridge only has a view spaces left for padlocks, and it looks amazing, the padlocks reflect the sun making the whole bridge sparkle with the metal. I love how the citizens or Paris are okay with this, it shows how open and creative the city is, and I wish London was just the same. 


Whilst I was there I was getting snappy happy with my recent purchase, the Olympus OM10 35mm camera. Unfortunately the photos from Disneyland have been lost due to some issue with winding back the film. Hopefully with second film I can work out how to use it properly and of course post up the best ones on here...I can't wait to see how they turned out.

I had such a wonderful time in Paris, have you ever been?

MH x