Monday, 16 July 2012

The Weekend [13 + 14th July]

On Friday I posted a short entry on my blog explaining it was Lauren's birthday and I had a secret birthday surprise planned for her. Of course I can now explain in brief what we got up to celebrating her birthday. During the afternoon on Friday we took the train down from Clapham Junction to the New Forest where we spent a night in the lovely The Crown hotel in Lyndhurst town. 

Couldn't resist taking a photo
The theme of the hotel was fantastic, a nice posh old English theme, which was right up my street (it helped sway my decision when booking months in advance)



The first day we had a nice walk as the weather was nice, and of course we saw plenty of horses grazing in the area, the New Forest is full of them. We got a bit snappy happy with them (more so with Lauren). We ended in the day with some nice food in a local pub, I tried some Venison in a pie it was bloody amazing!



Unfortunately the weather was not as good for the second day, although this did not dampen the spirits for the tiny village with the appearance of the Olympic Torch, which arrived and stormed through at around 10am forming a large crowd. It was funny to think me and Lauren have now been lucky enough to see the torch relay but not in our hometowns. It was great to see this small village get together and celebrate the Olympics, it was an eye opener to how much louder this village turned into during the 10 minutes of fun. 

We ended our time in the New Forest at my dads house where he cooked up this amazing Lasagne and homemade bread, he really is a good cook. 

Sunday was spent traveling back to my new home in Wimbledon and chilling out the remainder of the day with one of my housemates. 

What did you get up to at the weekend, have you ever been to the New Forest?

MH x 

1 comment:

Lauren said...

<3 Thank you for such a lovely weekend! :) xxx