Monday, 30 July 2012

We went to the beach!

For a while now me and Lauren have been wanting to spend a day out in Brighton town, as the weather has taken a turn for the better, we thought this would be the perfect opportunity for a visit.

We took the train down from Clapham Junction on Saturday at around midday, and I was surprised at how quickly the train journey was. And why I haven't taken this trip before (yes...this was my first day out in Brighton). We got into Brighton town and headed straight for the lanes to look in all the great vintage/retro and antique shops. I was loving every minute of it, and with the great weather this helped a lot. 

All the vintage shops had some great clothes, especially Beyond Retro. Unfortunately my finances are a little low at the moment, therefore no item of clothing was purchased. However I will definitely be going down again with some money behind me, and a plan to what clothes I want to hunt down. 

We of course did all the touristy/English stuff whilst in Brighton, having a bag of chips on the beach, shortly followed by an ice cream. And of course went in the sea....only our feet! 


Have to be honest sand would have better ;)

Got my chalksticks out! 
Some of the graffiti was fantastic! 
I loved how British the area felt

The whole time I was there I could picture myself living there, with the short journey to London I could easily get to work okay. Although the sunshine helped with these thoughts as it made the area looked great. I am sure (like most places) it would be pretty miserable in the winter months. 

The whole day was lovely, I loved every minute and I can't wait to go again. 

No comments: