Monday, 18 June 2012

The Weekend [16 + 17th June]

This weekend I made the journey back to hometown with Lauren to visit my mum and then of course my dad for Father's Day (Lau.ren left on the Saturday evening back to hers to celebrate Fathers Day with her own dad)

My visit to my mums house in Fareham started off the weekend perfectly with a nice catch up with her about practically anything and everything topped with a small trip into Fareham town centre (so my brother could get my dad a birthday present and fathers day card). The visit into town was a huge eye opener to how much has changed since my last visit to Fareham. I can't remember the last time I visited that area, and it really shows. The are has received so much development, updating the town making it  look more inviting and nicer place to shop on a regular basis. I hear the Olympic torch is going through the town, which will be nice bonus for the small town, will be amazing to see that on national news.

The weekend continued with the visit to my dad's house, where I encountered more change. You may remember a few months back my dad got himself labrodor puppy. Well this puppy, Brecon is no longer a small doggie, he is now almost full size, and I have to say looking very handsome. He is of course still playful as he's only just 6 months old. But he is a real nice delight to be around.


It's mad how quickly things can change in such a short space of time, but it proves to me further how I need to make more time to visit my parents. And thankfully with my current job this is possible with not working the weekends.... I just have to make sure they are free.

Did you have a nice Fathers Day, what did you get up to? I was very happy to see the weather turned out well for the Sunday!

MH x



7 comments:

lettersfromlaunna said...

It was a lovely and beautiful Father's day weekend:) I was unable to spend it with either of my favorite fathers, one being my son-in-law who lives in Wisconsin and two my David who is in Alberta but I wished them both the best as they truly deserve it since they are both amazing daddies:)

Lauren said...

Breacon <3

daisychain said...

It's crazy how fast animals grow, Mae has got huge since we got her and that was only April!

Matthew Hoare said...

Thats a shame you couldn't spend time with him, but it was good you still had a nice one :)

Matthew Hoare said...

Lauren <3

Matthew Hoare said...

It's so crazy, it's a shame they dont stay small for longer!

danniekate said...

yep all i could focus on was the pooch, what a lovely pup! xx