Monday, 4 June 2012

Field Day 2012

To kick off my Jubilee celebrations over the weekend, I attended the 1 day festival, Field Day at Victoria Park. I attended this festival last year, and thoroughly enjoyed the day, therefore couldn't wait. Furthermore Lauren won us a pair of tickets from ASOS, so a free day out made it a little extra special.

The whole day was a lot of fun, and I'll admit the line up was not too recognisable for my eyes and ears, however my idea was to simply enjoy the festival, and drink some booze. Which I definitely achieved throughout the days proceedings, however just last last year I found the price of drink as a little over the top...but I guess this is a given when attending any festival.

Another piece of the festival that definitely brightened my spirits further was they fact they had a Bodeans van on one of the food sections of the festival, which of course I couldn't wait to stumble over and chow down on a pulled pork burger...it was bloody brilliant!

The festival ended with Franz Ferdinand headlining the event, which I thought was not an excellent choice, although I admit hearing some of their stand out hits from their past albums was great. Throughout the day the weather held up with a spark of sunshine a random intervals. However at the end of the day the weather decided on a huge turn around and the rain covered the area drenching everyone from head to toe. Which I have to admit annoyed me greatly, I hate British weather!

Having said that the Field Day was still great fun, I managed to hear some great music from selection of bands, and if you have never heard of this one day festival and interesting in hearing some new music then I strongly suggest you think about going to Field Day 2013.

MH x

No comments: