Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Tuesday's App Today [LogoQuiz]

The other evening my phone went through a spring clean over the apps and I deleted the majority that have only been opened the first time they were installed. After looking on the Top 25 free apps I found, LogoQuiz. I swiftly downloaded this app to see what it has to show, and instantly I was hooked.

Looking at the icon and the name of the app it doesn't take a genius to work out what the app is all about..... of course it's guessing what the logo is on screen to collect points and advance to the next level.

This may sound like a boring idea for a game, however you are 100% wrong. You start off at the bottom, on level one (obviously) and of course the logos are relatively easy. This boosts your confidence (well it did for me) and you progress through guessing every logo left right and centre with no hassle. You are soon only small segments of the logo and have to guess from there, the game doesn't reveal anything more, only casual hints (which don't help too much).

You progress into the next levels and if course it becomes tougher and you see logos where you think to yourself: 'I have never seen that bloody logo' or 'that's not a real company...!'. Basically a lot of fun for 10 minutes of your time, you are constantly finding yourself wanting to get the top score to progress quicker, with that 10 minutes turning into 45 minutes.

The design of the app is visually pleasing to the eye, therefore this gives another reason to come back and enjoy the app further, with the app working seamlessly. Although I will say this, the keyboard is modified to fit in with the design of the app, which is great. However, this does raise an issue to people like myself who know their way around the iPhone keyboard and can do it with their eyes shut. With this modification of layout and colour you do find yourself occasionally pressing the wrong keys, resulting in some frustration.

Other than this small hiccup the game is good quick fun and with the being no need for internet you can play it anyway and everywhere. I urge anyone to download it.... after all the game is free.

MH x

2 comments:

lettersfromlaunna said...

I would download it Matthew but I would be addicted in a moment and the last thing I need right now is to be hooked on something else... lol.... I will have to keep it in mind though, it is a cute idea:)

Matthew Hoare said...

No its definitely worth the download, it's great fun!