Monday, 23 April 2012

Simmstock 2012


Saturday 21st was the 3rd year for the one day festival, Simmstock at my former university ST Mary's University College. I of course attended the previous festivals, and they were both amazing due to the music, drinks flowing and the great weather. Therefore I was more than excited to come back to my former university to enjoy the 3rd Simmstock. The day before I was getting worried how the weather will act for the day, however we were all extremely lucky in not seeing a single rain drop throughout the whole day.

Before arriving to the festival, we of course started off some pre-drinking, with a generous helping of a fruit punch, which I lost track of ingredients pouring into the cauldron.



After all the drinks were consumed we headed over to St Mary's to find the festivities had already got into full swing. This year I was most impressed with their efforts to make the day feel like a real festival, the area of field was packed with people, with two bandstands, and many places to buy some good food and some attractions.

With more drinks and the music kicking off, everyone was put straight into a good mood, especially as the sun was shinning well into the sky. It was nice to see people I had not seen since graduating as well, I've always said I would use this yearly event as a way to catch up with people I don't get to see the rest of the year, and this year at Simmstock was no exception.

The whole festive day was a lot of fun, and some of the music was fantastic. The most impressive was a Motown band giving out all the classics for us all to sing and dance together. This band play every year and are a great crowd pleaser.

The end of the evening arrived, and thats when I realised how much of a good effort St Mary's had made this year for Simmstock. If this keeps happening the festival should be a great landmark event every year for the area of Twickenham, which I personally think will be a great thing to happen.

MH x

2 comments:

lettersfromlaunna said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun and it is always great to catch up with old friends and acquaintances :)

Matthew Hoare said...

yeah it had a ver nice day :)