Thursday, 12 April 2012

I think I've still got it....

So as you know in my blog post from yesterday I mentioned my need to get back into listening to my music collection more often, due to working full time I have really missed sitting down relaxing to some music during the day. Therefore that evening I set aside some time to simple do this for a few hours. Whilst doing this I decided to take out some colouring pens and paper, and proceeded to draw. I guess this was an influence from my Tuesday post about the app, Draw Something. (looks like my posts are slowly influencing in my routines)

Instantly I decided on choosing to draw cartoon characters, and not sounding too big headed I thought the end results were of a good standard. My theory is making that choice due to the characters being relatively easy to draw with their block colours, etc...

I'm not too sure what I am going to do with all these drawings in my sketchbook, however I really enjoyed drawing them. It was very relaxing after a day of working, therefore I will certainly be doing it more often. It will be nice to see me improve my drawing skill, and who knows maybe draw some of my own characters instead of simple copying. I of course will post the work on here.




4 comments:

Lauren said...

Aw, they're awesome! Well done :) x

Matthew Hoare said...

Thank you very much :) x

lettersfromlaunna said...

Very well drawn:) I love listening to music, I have close to an hour bus ride back and forth to work each day... I listen to all my music on my bb everyday. :) I do need to change up the songs now and then

Matthew Hoare said...

Thank you :) I used to have the same amount of time on a bus ride to work as well, used to so much music then as well.