Friday, 13 April 2012

Film review Friday 9 [Flushed Away, 2006]

So my 'Films I haven't seen' posts are staying, however are now  renamed to 'Film review Friday'. To keep in key with my new schedule, and of course they will still be numbered and they will still be films I have not seen before.

I watched this weeks film on BBC 1 whilst enjoying the lazy bank holiday on Monday, therefore I wasn't totally focused on the film. So bare with me if the review is short and a bit vague.

'Flushed Away' tells the story of an uptown rat that gets flushed down the toilet from his penthouse apartment, ending in the sewers of London, where he has to learn a whole new and different way of life. He meets another rat called 'Rita' which of course throughs in a love story. 

The whole film is very fast paced, full of action to grab your attention. You can really tell they were aiming this film towards the child market, and this works very well. With silly jokes, and comical songs with high pitched voices from the slugs. 

What I enjoyed most about the film is the collaboration with animation company, Aardman who of course are known for the legends, 'Wallace and Gromit'. Even though the film is entirely computer generated from Dreamworks,  It was still nice to see the influence from Aardman put onto the characters facial expressions, with the signature wide mouthed smile. Also it may have just been me, but I thought the animation was produced in such away that mimicked the animated visuals you see from plasticine like in every Aardman film. Which I also thought was nice to see.

The film is a great fun packed adventure for a family viewing during the holidays, however for me I wouldn't watch it again out of choice.

No comments: