Friday, 2 March 2012

Week 7 film I haven't seen [Source Code, 2011]

When the trailers were getting shown around back in 2011 I was hooked by the concept to the film, however never go round to watching it. Therefore I was looking forward to sitting down at home with some snacks for this weeks viewing.

The film chooses to not start with a typical build up, instead you are instantly engulfed into the crazy sci-fi idea of the Source Code, which I thought was an excellent idea. I wont attempt to explain the Source Code, as I'm sure my explanation will make no sense. There will certainly be better explanations elsewhere on the net.

I am a great lover of films set in the present day, with no futuristic look, however with an added twist to the every day lives of something completely abnormal and clearly not ever going to happen. For example, Inception and Adjustment Bureau, which again I thoroughly enjoyed both.

The story focuses around the character Colter Stevens (Jake Gyllenhaal) who has been chosen to be sent back into the past through the Source Code to investigate a train explosion that has happened earlier in the morning, to discover who was behind the act and stop another explosion happening. There are no give aways to the viewer who this person is, so you find yourself playing a game of detective work whilst you are watching the film.

I thoroughly enjoyed this concept as you had to generally work out what happen, however I found parts of Colt Stevens detective work being clearly wrong. Of course this was to keep you entertained as there would not be a film if he worked out the investigation within 10 minutes.

If you haven't seen this film and you enjoyed, Inception and Adjustment Bureau or even The Matrix, then there is a good chance you will enjoy this film.

Week 6 film review

MH x

No comments: