Thursday, 1 March 2012

Stars Wars @ Legoland Windsor

Over the last few months I have been searching through Tumblr to find more pages containing content that would grab my attention...one of my finds was Park Paradise (as I'm a great lover of theme parks and roller coasters). A Tumblr page dedicate to posting news content on all the theme parks around the world and on Tuesday they posted this;

Legoland Windsor has confirmed that the opening date of its new Star Wars Miniland Experience will be March 16, 2012.
Star Wars Miniland will recreate famous planets, environments, characters, and vehicles from the Star Wars universe in LEGO form. Visitors will progress through the movie scenes chronologically, and special effects are set to include sound, lighting, and interactive elements.
Comprised of 1.5 million LEGO bricks formed into 2,000 models in a 1:20 scale, Star Wars Miniland will be housed in the building that used to host the Rocket Racers attraction. It will be be divided into seven distinct scenes – one for each of the franchise’s feature films and one for the animated Star Wars: Clone Wars spin-off.
The park will celebrate the new attraction’s opening with a a special Star Wars Miniland Experience Weekend on March 24-25, 2012. In addition to exploring the Star Wars Miniland area, guests will also be able to meet Star Wars characters, take part in a Jedi training camp, participate in Droid-building workshops and climb aboard life-size Star Wars vehicles. The park will be open from 10am to 6pm on both days.

I am excited for this new section of Legoland to open, because lets face it. Lego and Star Wars is one of the best combinations. I'll never get bored of either. I have been to Legoland before, but was only impressed with the model village section of the park, everything else wasn't so impression. I am sure this added section will raise my opinion on the park a lot. And I remember wanting to work there making all the lego models.

I am definitely going to plan a trip to Legoland Windsor after the opening date on March 16, 2012.

MH x





2 comments:

Sasha Fitzgerald said...

This is gonna be sweet! Lego Land and Star Wars!? What could be better?

Matthew Hoare said...

Its going to be bloody amazing, I haven't been yet.

Let me know when you do go and see it!