To finish I had a homemade apple and blackberry crumble for pudding, and again that was amazing. Here is the recipe I followed.
For the filling
900g/2lb bramley apples
175g/6oz demerara sugar
For the topping
225g/8oz plain flour
55g/2oz demerara sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Peel, core and chop the apples into small chunks.
- Layer the apples, blackberries, and sugar in a large pie dish (a lasagne dish is ideal).
- Place the flour in a large bowl and then rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs
- Use a spoon to sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the fruit.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the fruit is cooked and bubbling juices seep through the topping.
- Cool for a few minutes and then serve with custard or fresh cream.
A little tip would to not pat down the crumble on top of the fruit too much, as mine turned out little too compact, therefore making the dessert a little less crumbly than desired. Also I added a splash of vanilla flavouring to the crumble topping, which gave it all little something extra.
Here is the end result:
Also I chose ice cream instead of cream, of course a dollap of cream would have been better, but the ice cream was just so cheap and within my budget.