Thursday, 26 January 2012

Week 3 film I haven't seen [Blow, 2001]

The true story of George Jung, the man who established the American cocaine market in the 1970s.

I picked up this film for two reasons; I heard of it before and been wanting to see it for a while, and I am a fan of Johnny Depp's work. From the opening scene and then throughout the film I was shocked and surprised to see Johnny Depp in such long hair that looked too fake for my liking. However, I managed to not let this distract me from Johnny's performance which of course was spot on.

Throughout the film you believe every piece of the performance, feeling for Georges (Johnny Depp) fortune and then miss fortune, and then naughty mischief. You know some decisions he is making are going turn out bad, but you go along with him as you know its going to be fun along the way, even if there are consequences. You feel as if he has become your friend on screen.

The visuals are also impressive, complimenting with the performances. Some scenes made me feel like they were influenced to or from Oceans 11's visual. Either films could of taken these visual elements as they were produced the same year, whatever the case may be Blow is still great work.

Week 2 film review

MH x

No comments: