Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Week 2 film I haven't seen [UP, 2009]

This weeks film choice came from my girlfriend, so I thought it was only fair to have her review the choice. I think I may make this a regular thing, I review the films I chose, and she reviews hers. 

Before I watched the film, I didn't really know what to expect. I had no idea of what the storyline was, I only knew that the old man (Mr Fredrickson) attached lots of balloons to his house and flew away. As a girl who has a habit of crying during films, I was assured that I would definitely cry at UP.

They weren't wrong! I really didn't expect to be welling up only 10 minutes into the film, but hey ho, it was to be expected really! This sadness was short-lived though, and I was soon engrossed in the story. It was nice to see that the  Pixar humour that we all know and love was still present; Mr Fredrickson was the perfect grumpy old man, and I couldn't help but chuckle at little Russell. He really was adorable. The only thing I wasn't sure about was the talking dogs! I did find them funny, I just thought it was a pretty random part of the story. Although, take the dogs out of the story and it wouldn't have been half as entertaining!

I really enjoyed watching UP, it's a lovely story, but it's definitely not Pixar's best work. If you haven't seen it - I would still recommend it! Despite the random talking dogs.

Week 1 film review

No comments: