So if you are currently failing at homemade chips, follow these instructions and you are on the road to success.
What you will need:
Potatoes...obviously (1 large potato for each person)
Mixed Herbs (Optional)
1. Turn the oven up to its highest setting and leave the baking tray in there to warm up nicely.
2. Peel the potato(s) and wash off the excess starch that is left. Then cut the potatoes into slices of about 1cm thick. Then cut these slices into smaller 1cm pieces that resemble your typical chip.
3. Place all the potato pieces into a saucepan of water on the hob. As soon as the water starts boiling, leaving them to boil for 3 minutes. Soon as the 3 minutes is up, remove the saucepan from the heat.
4. Remove the baking from oven (with oven gloves!). Drain away the water from the potatoes in the saucepan and throw into the baking tray. Smother the potatoes with the oil, making sure all the potatoes are covered, sprinkle on top mixed herbs if desired. Then throw all back into the oven, do not lower the heat. Leave potatoes for 10 minutes, after this remove and shake them about, return them to oven and leave for another 10 minutes.
5. Remove your now, chips from the oven and enjoy :)