Monday, 2 January 2012

My New Years Eve 2011

2011 was my third year in a row to attend New Slang at the Hippodrome to celebrate new years eve. I have always chosen to attend New Slang to celebrate new years for the last 3 years due to a variety of reasons.

1. The club only plays indie & alternative music, which is ideal for me. As I would rather not spend a night listening to shit repetitive easily forgettable music thats released in the charts.

2. No hassle with wrong crowd of people. Everyone attends New Slang on new years eve for the intention to have a good time. I don't think I have ever seen a fight break out. I imagine this is down to the genre of music being played, linked with the crowd of people who would listen to it.

3. It is a cheap ticket for new years eve. The night only costs £10 in advance, or £12 on the door. Personally I think that is a bargain for new years eve, as some people can spend a lot of money to just attend a local pub....Or the other idea is a house party.

New Slang isn't only for new years eve, the venue is open every Thursday at the Hippodrome hosting the latest bands breaking into the indie & alternative circuit. If you have never attended New Slang and interested in this music, I recommend you do. You wont be disappointed.

More information on New Slang here, banquetrecords.com/newslang

MH x

No comments: