Friday, 20 January 2012

The Maccabees - Given To The Wild [QUICK REVIEW]

This week my hands were finally in the possession of The Maccabees third album 'Given To The Wild'. I have have lost count how many the album has been played through since transferring it onto my iPhone.

From my first two listens I was a bit undecided whether the album was really enjoyable listen for a Maccabees fan. I couldn't help feeling the true Maccabees sounds had be lost somewhere amongst the 13 tracks. Thinking the stand out upbeat sing-a-long guitar riffs and unique vocals from Orlando were being lost behind the ambience of the album, therefore dear I say it; making the album sound the same the whole way through.

Of course I was just being nuts and this was only my first few listens. After this hurdle was succeeded the album really stands up as a fantastic third album from the guys. The albums pace goes up and down, continuously grabbing you. Hearing different things here and there along the journey.

I really believe this is a perfect third album from The Maccabees everyone knew the album was going to be a tough challenge after the success of 'Wall Of Arms' but I do believe they have succeeded. The development from 'Wall Of Arms' to this album has raised the bar from them all. Their new sound is very mature and additive, you can all tell their talents have been lifted so high over the last 9 years. And I can't wait to hear the songs when I get to see them at Brixton Academy on the 26th January.

If you haven't heard the album yet, just go out and buy it. You will not be disappointed. And if you haven't heard of The Maccabees, well...get all three albums.

1 comment:

Ashfaq Rahman said...

Hello there, you’ve done an excellent job. I’ll certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I’m confident they will be benefited from this web site.

Click For More Information: Local Business Listings