Thursday, 25 November 2010

The Lion King musical [REVIEW]

On the 13th November I was lucky enough to go and watch the musical 'The Lion King' for a very late birthday present for my dad. Before the arrival of this day my expectations were sky high for this musical as everyone who I had spoken to before the day would smile and say how much they loved the musical as soon as the words 'I'm going to see the Lion King' left my mouth. So I was entering  through the theatre doors and sitting in my seat expecting to see something truly amazing - And I was not wrong to think this.

Everyone had been telling how fantastic the costumes were and I couldn't wait to see how good these were. This statement was shown in all its glory from the opening scene to the musical. Every animal you could possibly think of living in an animal kingdom took to the stage made from various organic material were draped over the cast members whilst they sang the first song to the musical. The sight was truly breath taking as some of  the cast memebers walked down the isles behind us and onto the stage. One animal caught my attention due to the shear size of the costume was a huge elephant appearing from the rear doors to the theatre. This elephant could have easily been at least 20 feet tall.

As the curtain dropped after this first act, the theatre arrupted with applause and you could sense the anticipation of what was going to appear next infront of our eyes was felt around the whole theatre.

The rest of the musical did not dissapoint one bit. Every scene was beautifully constructed, the dances incorporated with the songs were fantastic. The cast members would practically float across the stage whilst singing their lines. Another costume really grabbed my attention was several cast members dressed as antelopes. They would effectively gallop across the stage with large constructions of antelopes on their arms and with the cast members motions the constructions actually looked as if a group of antelopes were galloping across the stage.

I could go on for many more paragraphs explaining why this musical was so good. But I think you just have to witness the musical for yourself to understand what I am trying to explain.
Every cast member played their part perfectly and all the costumes just looked wonderful moving around the large stage in front of us. The two children playing young 'Simba' and 'Nala' were great, their singing sounded perfect together. I'm sure their parents would be ever so proud of them.

I think I shall stop boring you now with how good this musical was. I shall let you swith to another website now and order your tickets to the next showing of The Lion King. Because I know I shall be doing the same right after I click send.

M x

Tweet this blog entry

1 comment:

Jim Stuks said...

Glad you enjoyed The Lion King, I think it's hard not to though. It's a fantastic production and will run for many years yet. Thanks from Lion King London Tickets for this post.