Tuesday, 28 April 2009

First of many!

Okay this is my first blog on this site, so bare with me if its a bit ropey in places.

A fair bit has happened to me in the last few days. I shall start from my Monday (27th April) happenings... Regularly whenever I am free, I spend some time to e-mail production companies for some work experience, in particular I sent one to Endemol around 4/5 months ago enquiring about helping out with the new series of Big Brother in the summer. Sure enough yesterday morning out of the blue, I receive an e-mail from Endemol saying they are interested in taking me on for 2 weeks work placement for the new series of Big Brother.
Straight away I download the application form fill it out and send it straight back them. This would be such a good leap forward for me with my experience in the media, and fingers crossed they I will be accepted for a placement.

In the evening I make my 3rd appearance at a meet up networking meeting for independent film makers. Again I struggle a little to make the initial breaking ice with people and starting up a conversion. But once I start talking there was no stopping me. This time I came prepared with my own business cards, for people to keep in contact with me. I found this was very useful as I saw other people in the room with a notepad jotting down peoples details, so this was a lot faster and efficient method. However on the cards this website is not included as I ordered the batch of cards before I made this site, I need to quickly order a new batch with this website included before the next meeting.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy.
For the meantime http://www.matthew-hoare.com

No comments: